- A Cry of Hope Into Action by Charles Gilmer
- You are Born for This by Bruce Wilkinson
- Explicit Christianity by Matt Chandler
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman
- Open Wide The Freedom Gates: A Memoir by Dorothy Height;
- Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? by MLK Jr.
- Stones of Remembrance: A Rock-Hard Faith From Rock-Hard Places by Lois Evans
- Assata: An Autobiography by Assata Shakur;
- The Little Black Book of Success by Elaine Meryl Brown, Rhonda Joy McLean and Marsha Haygood
- How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing Paul J. Silvia
- Keep Your Head Up: America’s New Black Christian Leaders, Social Consciousness, and the Cosby Conversation [Paperback]
- Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Fowler (Hardcover)
- When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost by Joan Morgan
- Becoming an Academic Writer: 50 Exercises for Paced, Productive, and Powerful Writing by Patricia Goodson
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur
*21-25 are clearly TBD, surely I will find a few interesting reads by the conclusion of my year. Did I mention the books for grad school don’t count towards the 25; I prefer to only count recreational reads :)
3 weeks ago to date, I turned 24 years old. This is the year of “growth”. My shenanigans have to dissipate exponentially. It is officially time to tighten up, so I am going to accomplish a series of 25 things. Prayerfully I’ll become a better woman from it all.
"Where prayer is focused, power prevails"
“All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation” — 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
"with a heart as cold as ice, you cannot melt with just advice"
"When I die, I don’t want you to lie…I hope you won’t need to."-LW
"The effective disciple is one who has a diligence in their faith and a desire to grow"-@pastorblakew
"I don’t care what people think, but I do care how they feel."-Trice
“Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.” Romans 7:24 -25
See, I get it. I am my biggest handicap. Severing my feet from soul, my steps are ordered yet I play hopscotch. Dodging the call that is on my life. Avoiding Your wisdom above the clamor of street, I let go fleeting to the desires of my youth. Yet You still love me, continually preparing a place for me, laying out the those good works written for me. Your mercy is unending, your grace never leaves me. How great are you? I never want to do right, but You have changed me. Empty me and fill me with you. Give me the desire, the ability and the steps to do what pleases You. Help me. You already love me. I’ll try to stay near, would you keep me near?
"Perhaps my prayers are regarded greater than my thoughts."-LW
THEME BY: ©HELOÍSA TEIXEIRA
BASE BY: ©YAM16